a day in the life of miss courtney...counting every blessing...

Every time I have opened my email in the last week, there has been a message about someone I know that is suffering. I have to tell you it's breaking my heart. It's always so difficult to hear about someone else's pain but it always makes me realize how blessed my life really is.

I wanted to celebrate that here today...the blessings of my everyday life with Miss Courtney and my family. I receive emails and questions from time to time about how I care for my daughter. How do I do what needs to be done to meet her needs? Well it's a team effort really. I thought I would share a bit about that team today counting each blessing along the way...


#734 - the smile she greets each day with even after a bad night...
I am incredibly grateful for:
 #734 ~ #774:
*thankful for the smile she greets each day with even after a bad night
*thankful to be able to prepare the night before for the next day knowing that the day will never go as I think it will.
*I am blessed to live in a town where there is an availability of food that my girl can eat, even if it is by g-tube.
#736 - the availability of food that my girl can eat, even if it is by g-tube.
*blessed that I am able to feed my daughter at all. Years ago this would not even be possible.
*blessed to be able to tailor each blender full of food to what she needs that day
*thankful to never taking life for granted, mine or hers
*blessed that she loves spinach and blueberries so much
*blessed that our extended family loves our girl so much they bought us a really expensive blender to help with Court's feeding regimen

#741 - blessed that our extended family loves our girl so much,
 they bought us a really expensive blender to help with Court's
feeding regimen.
*for insurance that covers new supplies that arrive every month
*for a constant supply of clean towels to make the messes go away
*for the invention of plastic...I know sounds silly but without it I don't know where we would be.
*watching my son step in and help without a grimace or a grump.

#744 - for the invention of plastic...amazing...
*for the invention of modern day washing machines...can you imagine standing by a river beating the towels on a rock...yikes! Think of the stain removal...
*for the gift of homemade detergent so that cleaning all those towels and bedding doesn't cost a mortgage payment.
*I am thankful for the school my daughter attends. It's a place filled with love and kindness
*I am thankful for the women who surround my girl everyday, encouraging her to do her best and not give up no matter what task she is facing. 
*thankful for the tender care they give treating her as if she is their own child.

#754 - I am thankful for her squawking and yelping all the way down the hall in 
school announcing to the world that she is 
walking...come and see. LOL!
* I am blessed to have a daughter who is stubborn by nature and works hard everyday to do her best with whatever is asked of her. 
*I am thankful for modern therapeutic equipment that allows my daughter to stand on her own two feet. 
* I am blessed beyond measure and filled with outrageous JOY watching her "walk". 
* I am thankful for her squawking and yelping all the way down the hall in school announcing to the world that she is walking...come and see. LOL!
* I am thankful for the articulated foot braces that allow her to bear her own weight without breaking her ankles...literally. 

Miss Courtney being weighed...
*I am blessed to live in an area where the schools provide such a diverse program to help my daughter achieve what she is able to. 
*Blessed beyond measure for the advances in computer technology that allow my daughter to "see" and hear fantastical things and engage in the world around her. 
*For therapists who push my girl out of her comfort zone.
*So thankful for the gift of each breath she takes, each hour she is seizure free so she is able to take in the wonder of her world. 
#757 - Blessed beyond measure for the advances in computer technology that allow my
daughter to "see" and hear fantastical things and engage in the world around her. 
*I am thankful for the patience given daily to work with Courtney on the tasks she does not enjoy. Like any child she has her favorite things to do and then there is everything else. 
*I am thankful that Miss Courtney no longer resists people touching her and is finally allowing others to help her
*I am thankful that she actually enjoys getting her teeth brushed
*I am thankful that I finally learned NOT to stand in front of her when I am brushing her hair. This would be one of her LEAST favorite things on the planet and she has a tendency to kick. 

#766-  so blessed to have the specialized transportation that my
daughters needs to be out and about in the world.
*So thankful for her new wheelchair which is lighter and more flexible than any previous chair allowing easier transport.
*Thankful for the "tilt" option on the chair which allows her to fall asleep and not have issues with her neck.
*so thankful for tighter brakes on her wheelchair that allow me to get her in and out safely without her "running" away from me.
*So blessed to have the specialized transportation that my daughter needs to be out and about in the world. 
* So thankful that we can afford (for now) the gas to fill up the van so Miss Courtney is not homebound.
#772 - for flannel pj's and bedtime stories with Daddy
*I am thankful for my job as a substitute teacher that allows me to be close to Courtney as well as to help financially.
* I am so blessed to be able to sew and make new clothing for my girl that is easy to put on and take off with ease. 
*I am so thankful for soaps and shampoos made by local farmers/artisans that are gentle enough to use on Miss Courtney's very sensitive skin.
*Thankful for my husband's strong back that allows us to bathe our daughter every night.
*Thankful for flannel PJ's and bedtime stories with Daddy.
*I am so thankful for each of you who pray everyday for my girl. I know we cannot do this without each of those prayers. 


Head on over to Ann Voskamp @A Holy Experience to be inspired once more

Labels: ,