learning a new dance routine...

one more time there is a new dance routine to learn...this one includes my lovely partner Miss Courtney...she is home with me full-time now...graduation preparations are under way...big doings you know...until then we dance each day to a new tune she chooses...lately it's been swing city here...we're moving and spinning and the pace can be frantic...she is a high maintenance chic this young lady of mine...she is used to a lot of attention at school...lot's of things to do...it seems lately mama ain't cuttin it...I laughed yesterday when she started mewling like a baby kitten because I stopped reading stories to go clean the dishes...I told her that "Mama had a few chores to do"...I put on some music and rolled her chair into the kitchen with me...I sang and washed dishes...this did not please the princess so she started offering her opinion of the situation in no uncertain terms...loudly...I laughed...she got louder and began to kick her feet in her chair...I laughed more...my daughter was either throwing a little temper tantrum...or protesting to her mother's caterwauling...either way Courtney was aware enough of the situation and displeased by the turn of events...mind clearer than it has been in YEARS...she threw herself a little fit...how GLORIOUS is that!!...no I am not crazy...just trying to appreciate every aspect of her personality...just trying to see where God is leading us as a family...where does he need us to be...Courtney's job is not done here...she has more to teach...I have more to learn...first on the list...patience...for both of us!

Labels: ,