needle & thREAD...

This week I didn't actually sew anything but I did collect a few new treasures for future sewing projects. I am so excited to get started on these projects.

First up, the fat quarters of LillyBelle Fabric from Art Gallery arrived. This is the line of fabric that has inspired Miss Courtney's bedroom renovation.


I chose to use both lines of the fabric, Cool Sunrise and Warm Sunset, in Courtney's quilt. I just love how it all goes together. Now I just need to choose a quilt pattern and get started. Any suggestions? Leave them in the comments.



This lovely grey fabric from the Cool Sunrise line is what started it all. I saw this and knew I had found the color pallet of Miss Courtney's room. Isn't it beautiful? I just love it. I think that this will be a pillow case for Miss Courtney. LOVE it!!

This one below is what I chose for Courtney's curtains in her room. It's light and has a vintage feel to it.  I was thinking we would paint the walls grey but now I am thinking a warm yellow might be better. What do you think??


Her dresser will be painted that lovely shade of teal you see in the fabric. I cannot wait for the fall to arrive so I can get started on the painting. For now I will be working on the sewing projects for the room. I really like how it's all coming together...at least in my head.

Next up I purchased a set of 18x18 squares cut out of vintage sheets on Etsy that will eventually become a quilt for my bedroom. I love the farmhouse feel of the prints. I am so looking forward to working with this unique"fabric". It's going to be fun, fun, fun!


This piece of bright happy cotton from Amy Butler will soon become a lovely little tunic for Miss Courtney. I just love the shade of green in the background. Then there is the lovely hits of orange and fuchsia. So sweet. 


Can't you just see it with this fabulous pair of orange skinny jeans...


It's gonna rock! I can't wait to get started. Now for what's on the Kindle this week. I tried to read something new since all I had been reading were thrillers and mysterys. So to the non-fiction shelves we go.

I have been enjoying Pursuit of Proverbs 31 by Amy Bayliss. Proverbs 31 is one of my favorite chapters in the Bible. I have read and studied this particular chapter many times over the years but every once in awhile I need a reminder. Ms Bayliss does a nice job of going through and explaining what we are called to as woman who love the Lord.

This book is from a Christian perspective without the benefit of the Sacraments I rely on as a Roman Catholic to sustain me on a daily basis. I miss not having the fabulous female Saints of the church represented but overall a good read. I would recommend it.

We shall see what next weeks brings...always open to suggestions...

..head on over to In the heart of my Home for more needle and thREAD...Inspiration awaits!

Labels: , , , ,