tasty tuesday ~ super duper swedish meatballs...

look at those happy, happy little meatballs swimming in a delicious creamy broth...yuumo!!

Oh my sweet friends, it has been too long since I have posted a delicious recipe. Enough is enough. You have patiently waited for me to get my life back in balance and thankfully I think that I have done this as best I can. It's never going to be perfect but then what in life is. Now if your in need of perfection today look no further than these delectable Super Duper Swedish Meatballs. 

Oh sweet meatball these are spectacular!

I shared photos on Facebook a few weeks ago and my feed lit up. I hear ya my friends. There is not much in life that is better than a meatball swimming in cream fragrant with onion and parsley. It is a sweet culinary love song that hums in the oven, as the meatballs infuse there sweet music imparting their flavor into the creamy base of the sauce. 

Perfection!

The recipe is quite simple and really allows for you to customize the flavor profile of both the meatballs and the sauce. I say go for it. Get creative and enjoy the lovely party on a plate. You will not be disappointed in this one. 

I would bet my meatballs on it...<g>


Celebrate the Feast!
Mary

****************************************************** 

Super Duper Swedish Meatballs
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups dried "Italian Herb" bread crumbs
2 tablespoon dried minced onion 
1 teaspoon of dried parsley
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 cup milk
2 pounds ground beef
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons flour
1 can (10 1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth
1 cup half-and-half or light cream
2 Tablespoons dried parsley flakes


Preparation:
Combine bread crumbs, onion, salt, pepper, nutmeg and 3/4 cup milk in a large mixing bowl. Let milk soak into crumbs for a few minutes. Gently stir in ground beef until well blended; form into balls about 1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Brown meatballs in butter and oil in a large skillet; remove with a slotted spoon to a 2 1/2-quart baking dish. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of drippings; stir flour into drippings. Cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly. Stir in beef broth, cream and parsley flakes. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens and boils for a minute. Pour over Swedish meatballs in baking dish. Bake Swedish meatballs at 325° for 35 to 45 minutes. 
Serve over egg noodles or rice

recipe adapted from SouthernFood

Labels: ,