to be free...

Good Evening Everyone...first let me say thank you...thank you for reaching out to me in the last few days...thank you for sharing your stories of dealing with depression...thank you for trusting me with them...thank you for your advice on what worked and what didn't...thank you for your prayers...thank you from the bottom of my heart...what I have learned is that everyone is unique when it comes to this issue...I am so incredibly blessed to have many treatment options, both natural and pharmaceutical...I have spent the last few weeks working with a team to put a plan in place taking into account my desire to be as natural as possible looking at the whole person...since my type of depression is caused primarily by hormone fluctuations during menopause, the outlook is quite positive...I am happy with the plan now in place and I am already seeing results...positive results...I have a long way to go...but I am not a quitter...I need to be well for my daughter...I need to be well to enjoy the life God has blessed me with...I am tired of being tired...of being weighed down by guilt and constantly besieged by fear and doubt...of being sweet and kind one moment...then Gangan Khan the next...oh and a little mercy from the hot flashes would be lovely...so lovely...I want to be free...I will be free...I promise to keep you in the loop for the most part...I always do...some of the finer details I will keep private honoring my spouses request...but this journey is a new beginning for me...it's time to take care of me...so I can take care of them...things here in this space will pick up over the next few days...I look forward to getting back into a routine...of sharing glimpses of our life here...as imperfect as they are...I have some fabulous new recipes to share and of course there is my long standing love affair with books...and chocolate...so I lift my mug of Orange Zinger tea to each of you...to new beginnings...to being free...God is good ALL the time...

Labels: