keep calm and pray on...


The electorate has spoken and chosen the leader of these great United States of America for another four years.

Am I happy with the choice? Anyone who knows me knows the answer would be a resounding NO!

But...I followed my conscience and voted my heart. I stayed true to my faith and do not regret any of it.

In His Divine Wisdom and Providence Our Lord has allowed these results.

So what are we as a faith filled people going to do with them?

Keep Calm and Pray On my friends...

Last night was greatly disappointing to me and those who believe as I do. I am sick that so many have tossed the dignity of life right out the window with religious freedom. It's enough to make one consider crawling into a cave for the next four years and surviving as best you can.

Hmmmm...a cave...

Jesus was born in a cave and He came to save you and me. He came to redeem our sin. Our lives have been bought and paid by the Blood of the Lamb.

But by the grace of God go I.

My husband shared with me wise words...

"We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature."
Abraham Lincoln-1st Inaugural Address

This country has been torn apart by wars, disease and natural disasters. Yet we remain STANDING TOGETHER by the grace of God.

My faith and trust is NOT in one man or in one office. My FAITH and TRUST in in my God!

"I lift my eyes up to the hills. Where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121 : 1-2



Friends, as Catholics and Christians, we know that our hope comes from THE HOPE, Our Lord Jesus Christ. We will not go blindly into the future trusting the culture to tell us what is right and wrong.

We will live as Our Father taught us to. We will fight for the freedom to practice our religion as the Constitution guarantees us. We will fight for those who have no voice and cannot fight for themselves, the unborn, the disabled and the abandoned of society.

Am I mad?

Yep, but what does anger ever get me? What does it solve?

Am I sad?

Unbelievably so. I struggle to recognize this Republic I love. Sad is OK but I will not allow it to lull me into inaction.

I will remain vigilant and awake trusting in God, praying for our leaders. I pray every day for the softening of their hearts toward the dignity of life. I pray that they will uphold the biblical principles set before us so long ago. Their is nothing written in stone my friends. Things can be reversed and voted down. Have a little faith and stand up and speak for what you believe. It's the foundation of our nation. Freedom of Speech still exsists. USE it!!

I know how this battle ends my friends. My God has already WON! I just look up at the cross and am at peace.

I will keep calm and pray on...May God be with us and may He BLESS these United States of America.

Labels: