pretty, happy, funny, real...I mean REALLY real...

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

Hello Dear Friends...
I hope this finds all of you happy, healthy and enjoying this beautiful season with JOY. It may be hard to find in some parts of our world but I urge you to just keep looking...JOY is there to find...I promise. 

Things here are busy and my oven is working overtime creating scrumptious goodness for friends and family. My sewing machine is humming with last minute crafting and gift making. 

With all of that activity you might wonder what my house looks like. Yes, there is a tree and a manger. There are carolers on the shelf and then there is this...


ahhhh...the truth comes out...a side table with the stuff of life...the BEAUTIFUL roses my hubby surprised me with last night, hairbrushes, Coldcalm, the current book I'm reading, Kleenexes for the drippy nose, a holiday candle in Cranberry Chutney (my favorite scent), a water glass, various bookmarks (because one is not enough apparently), a bag of ornament hooks and a CD (of what I have no idea. The scissors in the background are to cut out new recipes to try from my latest stash of cooking magazines. 

Then there is this...


...never ending LAUNDRY to be folded before the weekend...AND put away...ugh! 

So there you have it. The truth in all it's cluttered insanity of this holiday season. Not to worry, it will be pristine by Sunday. At least that's what I promised my husband and I can't break a promise...Santa's watching...LOL!

I wish you all a very Merry and Blessed Christmas!!


~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~

Labels: