a return to 7 Quick Takes Friday...

Good Morning one and all...it has been a vveeeerrrryyyy long time since I have done a "7 Quick Takes Friday" hosted by the lovely Jennifer Fulwiler @ Conversion Diary. Since I have been trying to get back into the swing of a regular blogging schedule, I thought it was the right time to jump back in. 

Also, I wanted to say thanks so much for the votes over at A Knotted Life for the blog awards. Although we didn't win, it sure was fun participating. Congrats to all the winners. There are some FABULOUS blogs out there. I even found a few new ones to follow. Yea Catholic Bloggers!! Y'all ROCK!!

So here we go...

~ 1 ~
I received a most spectacular gift in the mail this week. I have spent the last three nights watching and let me just say it was fab.u.lous. I will not say another thing about it except just keep watching.


~ 2 ~
I have been doing a little on-line dream shopping. I found these little diddy's and I think I actually swooned. They just look so...decadent is the word that comes to mind. Maybe one day, after I knock off a 7-11 or three. You can find them here.



~ 3 ~
I found this the other day as I was surfing...it made me laugh. I still haven't figured out how they got a photo of me before I put my makeup on. 


~ 4 ~
What are your thoughts about the whole patterned denim fashion phenom? I am fine with the colored denim but am unclear on wether or not I should purchase a pair. (check this on out) Something tells me that I would look like I was wearing my grandmothers couch fabric across my backside. Not the exact look I was going for. 

~ 5 ~
I couldn't let a post go by without a photo of my beautiful girl, Miss Courtney. I mean, seriously, try to to smile...just try...


She had a visit with the Neuro Team yesterday and things went really well. It seems we caught the virus at the very beginning and hopefully have avoided all the nastiness that it can bring. AWESOME news for this Mama. She is eating once more and smiling. She is still battling daily seizures but is handling them like the warrior she is. Today we take another step down in her Depakote meds to try and give her liver a little help. Won't you say a little prayer that she is able to continue this regimine. One day at a time...always...

~ 6 ~
Remember that dream shopping I was talking about earlier. Yea...I found these beauties as well...I know, I know...I have a slight obsession with this particular shade of blue. 
But seriously...aren't they quite the lovely pair of dancing shoes...they were made to do the Hustle, or the Electric Slide, or maybe even the Rumba. Of course the last time I tried to Rumba, I ended up tumla ona my bumba...anyway they sure are purty...
You can find them here...



~ 7 ~
This weekend we will be making these fabulous Chicken Wings for the big game on Sunday. Honey, garlic and soy sauce. What can go wrong with that? Quite yummy...can't wait...


Head on over to Conversion Diary to join in on the fun...

Labels: