pretty, happy, funny, real...

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

"CHEESE!"

Happy Thursday everyone. Time flies when you're having fun or trying to get your house clean and in order for Easter.



Things here at Chez Lenaburg have been kind of a mess. I have been kind of a mess. I have really been struggling to find a rhythm and routine now that Miss Courtney is wide awake and seizure-free for 95% of her day. This is an awesome wonderful miracle I know, but it also makes entertaining her, making sure all of her therapy is done as well as taking care of my household chores and projects rather challenging. Needless to say I feel like one big fail these days and it's beginning to affect my mood.


Well let's just be real...I have been one cranky chica lately and I need to get things under control before I loose my mind.

Just keeping it real.



So I have made up my mind about a few things. Giving myself a challenge per say. I am taking Auntie Leila's advice and keeping things simple. Keep the sink/dishes done, keep the laundry washed/folded/put away and make sure dinner is on the table every night. I know it sounds ridiculous that at this stage of the game I would even need to go back to basics, but this past year has been one big roller-coaster ride and I finally feel like we have solid ground under my feet. So back to basics we go and maybe my sanity will retune with it.



Their is one other challenge as well. I am putting myself under a "no shopping" rule for 30 days. I have realized that things have gotten a little out of hand with me getting an extra cooking magazine at the grocery store or I run into the book store for a paperback or I get Miss Courtney a new blouse even though she has plenty in her closet. I need to get back to financial basics as well. There is plenty of food in the house (between a deep freeze, refrigerator, and stocked pantry we will not starve) and everyone has plenty of underwear, there are books on the shelf to read, we have cable and the iPod is loaded.


I just feel like I need a complete reset of priorities in my daily life. God, Jerry, Courtney and Jonathan, then my mother and siblings, nieces, nephews and godchildren, followed by all else. I desperately need to simplify my daily schedule and get back to what is most important.

Auntie Leila inspires me to find contentment in every day life. In simplicity and frugality. It's about time I listened and embraced the concept with my whole heart celebrating the beauty of my vocation. It doesn't matter what "Sally" down the street is doing or what "Joann" who lives behind me is doing. It matters what I am doing. My husband is my husband, my son is my son, my daughter is my daughter and my house is my house, my life is uniquely mine. I am blessed to have them all.



OK, so it's now out there. I have typed the words now I will complete the actions. Hold me accountable will you my frugal sisters. I can do this...

I think I can...

I think I can...

I think I can...

...one day at a time.



~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~

Labels: