seriously???

So I got up this morning and was greeted with this...


Ummm...seriously? It is spring right? easter is exactly six days away. You have got to be kidding me. Of course today was the ONLY day this week that Miss Courtney had a doctors appointment scheduled in DC.

seriously???

Ugh...so off we went trudging through RT 66 traffic, then DC traffic, then to find a parking space for the behemoth wheelchair lift van where there is only a parking garage available. After a short prayer to Our Lady we found a spot outside the hotel next door.

for $7...an hour...

seriously??

So we parked and then Miss Court had a massive seizure. I sat with her through all the bells and whistles and then bundled her up and headed into the office. I discovered during the short walk that Miss C is not a fan of the snow.



Ahhh the fishy face says it all.  It's too cold on her face. She no like at all.

Little did I know what was waiting for me in the dermatologists office.

The fishy face times ten.

This was supposed to be a simple visit. The dermatologist was going to check out the lovely mole that has been on Miss Courtney's left cheek since she was a little girl. It has been swelling and last week it burst like a pimple. It was gross. Truly gross. It was time to get it checked out.

So I called ahead and made sure they had a large enough room for Courtney's wheelchair and they assured me they did.

We arrived early, filled out the mountain of paperwork and waited for our turn.

We waited...and waited...and waited...and waited...

seriously???

TWO hours people!! I asked politely after twenty minutes. "The "big" room was being used for a procedure...thanks for your patience...etc. etc. etc..." was the answer given.

I asked again after 30 minutes...same answer given...

I asked to speak to the head nurse at one hour...same answer...

Are you freaking kidding me???

I called ahead and everything. I did my part and they were not doing theirs. So when we finally got back there...I was a little steamed.

Then it got really fun.

I saw the resident, which is absolutely fine. GUH is a teaching hospital and I am quite used to seeing medical students,  residents and attendings. He asked all the right questions, checked out the mole and asked more questions. Then he went to consult with the Department Chair.

I heard the conversation in the hallway and was intrigued by her questions to him. He handled things well for a third year resident. I was fully expecting to see her come in with him, given what I knew they were suggesting as a treatment plan and the fact that she had made us wait two hours.

But no...

You make us wait two hours and then you don't even have the courtesy to come in and shake my hand and let me know you approve of the plan???

seriously???

Not cool Doctor Chica...not cool.

By the time we left, we had an appointment with a plastic surgeon. We will consult with him in the next few weeks and schedule surgery to remove the mole and the cyst that is underneath it causing all the problems. Courtney will have to be put under general anesthesia and there will be stitches both sub-dermal and topically.

So much for a little mole check.

We went in for one thing and came out with a surgery consult. Only in Courtney's world does this constitute a typical Monday.

seriously???

Thank God for ice cream...

Labels: ,