viva il papa...pope francis is installed...

This is an important day here at Chez Lenaburg. Today is the Solemnity of Saint Joseph as well as the installation of Pope Francis. I got up very early this morning to watch this beautiful event. As the Pope was traveling through St. Peter's Square he stopped to get out of his car to kiss and bless a disabled man being held in the arms of his brother. 


Needless to say, it was an emotional moment for me as a Mama of a "special" one. At that moment Pope Francis was kissing the face of my Courtney and all of her brothers and sisters spread out all over the planet. He honored the dignity of my girl and I am so grateful for that. Just look at the mans face...his joy is just emanating from his sweet smile.

(here is the full video)

Today is also my fathers feast day. William Joseph Green has been gone from this world almost 12 years now and I miss more everyday. He was a man of many flaws but great wisdom. He loved Courtney almost as much as I do. Below is one of my favorite pictures of them taken the night my husband Jerry came into the church, Easter Vigil 1999. 


Miss Courtney's curls, her handmade dress, her braces and Mary Janes. My daddy with a cigar sticking out of his pocket and in remission from his cancer. It was a beautiful night. He was gone two years later.

Daddy, I miss you. I love you. I pray you are dancing in heaven this day. 
Pray for me Dad. Pray for Courtney, Jerry and Jonathan. 

Oh how we need your prayers. 

Until we meet again...

Labels: