five favorites ~ vol.4...

This weeks edition of Five Favorites is fashion centered. I am a huge fan of color.

I know, shocked you are.

Since I am home most days with Miss Courtney, I tend to do most of my clothing shopping on-line. Less exposure to unwanted germs that way. I usually browse my favorite sites while the princess is having tummy time or taking a nap. This way my mother's guilt is less than .4 on the Richter Scale.

One of my favorite stores is Anthropologie. Not to worry my budget conscious friends, I rarely but anything there. It needs to be a wicked sale for me to even consider it. I do however get a lot of color, pattern and styling inspiration form their site.

I decided to share my current favorite tops in no particular order of impressiveness. Let me know what you think...

~ 1 ~

find it here...

This Ruffled Lycra Top is intriguing to me. I love the combination of fabrics at the neckline. I am always a fan of mixing and matching different farics. If I were to wear this piece it would have to have sleeves and be a smidge longer though the torso. I have a very long waist so the longer the better.

~ 2 ~

find it here...

This Embroidered A-Line Tank makes me smile. It combines two of my favorite colors right now, orange and hot pink. It is also embroidered at the color which is another detail I love on my tops. If I were to wear this piece I would make sure it was cut close at the side seems but still lose. Too much fabric could be a fitting disaster for me. Of course I would add sleeves as well, maybe a soft butterfly sleeve to keep with the "flow" of the garment. 

~ 3 ~

find it here...

This Slantwise Peplum Top intrigues me. I love the structure and the play with the direction of the stripes. Red is one of my favorite colors but I can't wear it close to my face since I have such bad Rocasea. This is one way I could wear because of the white background. I really like that the peplum is controlled and not too full. This could be worn by many different shaped women because of that structure. If I were to wear this There isn't much I would change but the length and adding in a nice short sleeve. I would even add a belt to give it a different look. 

~ 4 ~

find it here...

This Ruled and Knotted Tank is a full figured woman's dream. First of all the stripes are going the right way...up and down. This is such a rare thing to find. The fashion world seems obsessed with stripes going across form left to right. Well let me tell you what a nightmare that is for anyone who has any kind of tummy issue. It adds ten pounds instantly. The knot is placed perfectly to make a waist even if you don't have one. This top makes me smile. Simple, yet elegant. If I were to wear it I would simply add a sleeve...maybe a 3/4 sleeve would really work well. 

~ 5 ~

find it here...

This Piped Peplum Blouse is my favorite of these five I think.Even thought it's black and white its a powerhouse of a patterned fabric that would look fabulous with any color on the bottom. The brighter the better. It's very similar to the red striped piece above with the controlled peplum and yet stands on it's own quite well. If I were going to wear this top the only change I would make would be to...you guessed it...add sleeves. 

So there you have it, this weeks Five Favorites. If you have a few of your own to share head on over to Moxie Wife to join in the fun. 


Labels: