the joy journey - vol.4..."girlfriends"...

Here is this weeks edition of "The Joy Journey" over at Fine Linen and Purple. This week it's all about Girlfriends...



As I prepared to write this week’s Joy Journey blog post, I sat down in my living room on my comfy sofa, laptop open and fingers ready to type some fabulous words about finding joy in daily life no matter what is going on in your world.

I took a deep cleansing breath and waited for the Holy Spirit to inspire me.

I waited, staring at a blank screen.

I waited so long that I actually fell asleep with my laptop open.


Apparently the Holy Spirit was on vacation this week, because after a few hours I had nothing…nada…rien…nichts…nihil…niente. Didn’t matter what language I typed it in, I had nothing. NO words came rushing forth.


I panicked and ate four frozen mini York Peppermint Patties. I had a hot flash. Or seven.  Questions raced through my mind: Why did I sign up for this weekly blogging gig? Do I really need this pressure?

I paced my living room, imagining disappointing so many people, including my lovely hostesses, who would show up in this space on Friday looking to be encouraged and uplifted after a challenging week only to find a virtual “Gone Fishing” sign.

So I prayed. I begged God for a little wisdom, desperate for something to share with you. A scripture. A story. A favorite quote. Anything.


I was on the verge of tears when my sweet friend Sharon stopped by unexpectedly. After pouring her a cold glass of iced tea, I spilled my guts and shared my frustration. She smiled and as we sipped the cool elixir of summer, she talked me off the edge of a serious chocolate therapy session.


Read more here...

Labels: