seven days straight of posting...aaannnnddd GO!

So I decided to do this crazy insane thing and join in with Jen @Conversion Diary and post something every day for seven days about whatever...

Why do I think this is a crazy thing for me to do???

Well my friends, my life is so stinking boring I have no idea why you would want to know what I am doing everyday because it is one big snooze fest. Unless Miss Courtney is in the hospital for whatever medical emergency or we go to therapy or I bake something or I happen to actually leave my house to do something fun this is what my day looks like...

Laundry folding...blah...blah...blah...

Diaper changing...stinky...blinky...blech...

Face wiping, hair brushing, sheet changing...baby food making...yeah team!

Bathroom cleaning...kitchen sink shining...ironing hubby's shirts...WOW...stop the presses.

OK all snarkiness aside...I hope you don't die of boredom over the next week...

Here we go...

So today my sweet courtney and I are waiting in breathless anticipation for the arrival of the Royal Baby!! A funny little thing about me...I LOVE all thing royal. Yes, I got up at 2 a.m. to watch Diana and Charles wedding in 1981 and again for Andrew and Fergie's and so on. Yes even Kate and William's.

I have watched with great expectation as The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge await the birth of their first child and TODAYS the Day!!

photos from People.com
Since my life is way not exciting let's talk about Kate's maternity style. You see in the photo above with Diana and Charles...that's the kind of dress I wore 24 years ago when I was preggers with my Jonathan. Everything was big and swingy. None of this close to the body thing that you see today not only with Duchess Kate but anywhere you look belly's are popping out all over. Oh how times have changed. 

While Kate's in labor, let's take a look at her classic maternity style. here are my top five favorite looks during this first pregnancy...

#5
This lovely bespoke Jenny Packham dress and coat, Jane Taylor hat and LK Bennett heels were worn to celebrate the 60th Anniversary of the Queen's Coronation. I love the simple drape from the empire waist. She has always looked quite lovely in neutrals with her brunette hair. This look is simple elegance which Duchess Kate is known for. 

Photos from Google

#4
 This Emilia Wickstead coat was worn by Kate for the annual Palace Garden Party in May of this year. I love the yellow and I think the length is just perfect to show off her long legs which have weathered this pregnancy very well. 

Photos from Google

#3
Duchess Kate wore a polka-dotted Topshop dress, a black Ralph Lauren jacket and black heels to the inauguration of Warner Bros. Studios. Polka dots are really hot right now and she really rocked the swing skirt which really showed off her baby bump. Love it. 

Photo from Google


#2
This floral-printed dress by Erdem  is a nod to the modern graphic patterns that are all the rage right now. I like how she stepped out of the classic cuts for once and shook up the color palette. It looks really comfy as well. 

Photo from Google

#1
This one is my favorite. I love the cut, the color and simple style. Wearing a powder blue Emilia Wickstead cocktail dress while attending an evening reception to celebrate the work of The Art Room charity at The National Portrait Gallery in April. If this were me I would have this dress in any color available...simply beautiful.  

Photo from Google

So we are still waiting to see what Kate will have but what do you think of her sense of style? Which look is your favorite? Do you think the newest heir to the throne will be a boy or a girl?

Let me know...looking forward to the conversation...see you tomorrow...same time...same bat channel...lucky you!

Labels: