the joy journey ~ vol. 9 ~ Building Community...

I had the wonderful opportunity this week to meet fellow Catholic blogger Leila Lawler of Like Mother Like Daughter and two of her daughters Suki and Deirdre. She was hosting a Crazy DC Meet-Up  to allow other Catholic women in the area to meet one another giving us each an opportunity to step out from behind the computer screen and make connections in real life.

It was a lovely evening and my JOY moment of the week. Leila was gracious and funny and shared some real pearls of wisdom all about creating “pockets’ of friendships right where you are, getting to know your neighbors and fellow parishioners. We have lost some of that in this age of social media saturation. Many of us live away from our extended family, so we are forced to reach outside our comfort zones to create a community of support. As I was reading through my weekly bloglist, I found that this topic was on many peoples minds this past week.

READ MORE HERE...

Labels: