the simplest blackberry upside down cake ever...


It has been too long since I have posted a recipe. Trust me I have been cooking and eating but since I did not have a decent camera for about six weeks, I didn't take photos. Now I am clicking away again so here you go. This is the easiest recipe on the planet and it is so very good. You can use any fresh fruit you would like. It will be just as good as the blackberry version.

Mary's Simple Blackberry Upside-Down Cake

Ingredients:
1 box Yellow Cake Mix 
(I have used Betty Crocker Butter Cake or a Gluten-Free Cake mix if needed. Both work really well. )
1 1/2 to 2 cups fresh blackberries
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup brown sugar

Directions:
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees

Take a 9x13 pan and place the stick of butter in it. Put it in the pre-heated oven until  the butter melts. Take the pan out and sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the melted butter. 

Add the blackberries, spreading them evenly in the pan. 

Make the cake mix according to the package directions. Pour the prepared mix over the blackberries. 

Bake according to the box instructions. 

Allow it to cool in the pan then flip it onto a platter. Cut and serve with fresh whipped cream or ice cream. 

It is yummy, yummy, yummy!

Labels: