what happens when you cheat on your hairdresser...

Before the disaster...
...so I did something today that I now deeply regret...I cheated on my hairdresser...my anniversary is in 10 days...it's a big one...25 years...my hubby and I are renewing our vows...a small gathering of family and some very close friends...there will be photos for sure...my hair was a bit straggly and stringy and my hair dresser (or is it stylist now)...anyway my gal will not be back from vacation for another three weeks...so in a desperate moment I went to see someone else...I know, I know...I can hear you screaming "NOOOOOOO" through the screen...but alas I did do it and the results are...shall we say...horrid...I mean poofy, too short, helmut like hair sprayed monstrosity that is too short and too much ( or rather not enough...aaaahhhhh!) for me to even handle at this point...I mean my bangs are three inches off my face for gracious sake...there is a small hump on top of my head...it is beyond awful...sort of like the time in 1987 when I decided the "punk" look was in and I got half my head cut with a razor...It was shorter than Jerry's and he was in the military...I promised I would never do anything so rash again...and then I did...today...ten days before my anniversary...there were tears in the car...as I tried to un-poof the hair and make it miraculously grow out another inch or three...it makes me look...ummm...mature...like old lady mature...like "Steel Magnolia's" Truvy disaster mature...so instead of writing about something meaningful and thought provoking...I am writing to tell you that my hair is now short, short, short and my face now looks like a swollen pumpkin...sweet Lord this is going to be documented for years to some...I cannot wait to wash it and style it myself tomorrow...I pray that will make me feel better about it...I guess that's what you get when you cross that line and cheat on your hair dresser...never again my friends...never again...I am a one hair dresser woman forever and ever amen!!

AFTER...I am almost bald...

Labels: