five favorites ~ vol. 6

This morning I woke up to find nothing in my freezer was frozen. I discovered a blocked air vent which required me to empty said freezer AND the fridge so I could defrost and unclog vent (too much stuff stuffed into the freezer...bad Mary!) Then the plug dropped behind the fridge requiring #1 son to get up two hours before he planned to (worked the closing shift last night) to use his herculean muscles to move said fridge to reach the plug. He was such a happy little soldier...ummmm...not so much...but he did it. Now the floor under the fridge is cleaner than the rest of the kitchen, which required me to then mop the floors, which were not on my list of things to do today. Sweet molly I had been up three hours and the day is already kicking my butt. So what's a girl to do?

Well I decided to distract myself and join Hallie of course...



#1
I have rosacea and it's a real pain in my keester. My face is very sensitive to any type of cosmetics so I have to be very careful. I am always on the hunt for something to help tone the red color down. My friend Linda recommended Lorac Cosmetics, particularly their oil free neutralizer. So I decided to give it a try and am very happy I did. I love it. It covers like a dream and I didn't break out. I actually add to put on a little blush. I can't tell you the last time I had to do that. So thank you Linda...you are the BEST!!



#2
Continuing down the cosmetic line of thinking, I decided to take a chance on the Lorac Cover-Up Concealer as well. Talk about a bonus...it's my new little pot of gold. It covers and you only need a very little bit. I feel like I won the cosmetics lottery.



#3
I have been watching a lot of old movies lately and stumbled upon this gem "Suspicion" with Cary Grant and Joan Fontaine in an Oscar winning performance. Alfred Hitchcock at his best. It was a wonderful 99 minutes and proved quite restorative for my good mood.



#4
I saw this recipe in my blog feed and knew I had to make it. Doesn't it look wonderfully healthy and light. It's also easy peasy. I have added it to my menu rotation for this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

Chickpea, Avacado and Feta Salad from Two Peas in a Pod...


#5
Finally, I read a great book last week..."Icing of the Cake" by Janice Thompson. You can check out my review here. It was a lot of fun to read. A lovely escape from all my appliance whoas...

Labels: , ,