pretty, happy, funny, real...

There was so much going on this week it's been crazy. Some crazy good (anniversary, re-newel of vows), some not so fine (car repair, plumbing repair and as of this morning needing to replace the electric cooktop...yay!).

I think all my appliances have made a pact to all go out together. It's beyond frustrating I tell you. Argh!! Anyway, let's concentrate on the good shall we.

This week the hubster and I celebrated 25 Years of wedded bliss and we had a Mass and vow re-newel followed by a small gathering of family and a few friends. It was a Tuesday night in Northern VA which is a bit nutso to try and have an event but we forged ahead because you know...we are nutso so party on Wayne!

My dear BFF Christine hosted for us since her home is twice the size as ours. The preparations were many but with many hands makes for light work. So we gathered many Silva and Lenaburg hands...and got to work...

There was ironing of linens...



Baking of cookies...




There was arranging the flowers...


Then it was time to gather at the church...St. Mary of Sorrows Historic Church was built in 1863 and used as a hospital in the Civil War by Clara Barton. It is a stunning place of worship and we were so pleased to have permission to have our Mass and vow re-newel there.


This is Miss Courtney and her Godmother, my friend Sharon whom I have known since the 11th grade.  It was so wonderful to see her again and be able to catch up just a smidge.


Then it was time to eat cake...this cake was dark chocolate with buttercream and it was beyond delicious. I mean it was like crack...yes...that good! The decorations were so beautiful. My friend Carol made it and what a fabulous job she did. The cake topper is our original from 1988...it's called "Friends never Drift Apart". We cut it with my fathers sword, exactly as we had in 1988. It was so much fun.



I will have more next week...for now I need to go and price electric stove tops...fun! fun! fun!



~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~

Labels: