the joy journey ~ vol. 10 ~ obey...

Last week on the Feast of the Transfiguration, my husband and I celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary. I remember our wedding day like it was yesterday. August 6, 1988 was hot and humid and there was no air conditioning in the chapel of the US Naval Academy. It was so humid that my veil kept sticking to my face. All the way down the very, very, very long aisle I kept blowing it out of my face. In the video, you see my veil float away and then get stuck to my face again. It quite amusing today. 

Then…not so much.

My husband grew up Lutheran and converted to the Catholic faith in 1999, eleven years into our marriage. So on our wedding day we did not have a Mass, we just had the readings and the vow ceremony. It took twenty-two minutes from start to finish. Neither one of us cared. We were young, naive and not so grounded in our faith then. We just wanted to be married, the faster the better.

READ MORE HERE...

Labels: