pretty, happy, funny, real...

This morning I realized that I had not taken and photos of anything for the last day or two. This created a wee problem this morning when I went to post this weeks edition of {pretty, happy, funny, real}. What the heck would I post about?

My life these days is quite simple. I get up, have coffee, pray, then spend the next ten hours taking care of Miss Courtney, my home and preparing meals for my family.

Yes...excitement 101. So I headed over to LMLD to see what Auntie Leila had to share this week and I was struck by the honesty and simplicity of her post. SoI decided to join in on the theme. Contentment in every day life.


This is how I spent my morning...with Miss Courtney during her "mat time". Her smile never ceases to make my heart swell. When she smiles...all is well.


She is moving around so much now. She has maybe one or two seizures A WEEK at the moment which is allowing her to take in tons of information. The result is that she is rolling from front to back and back to front but she hasn't put it all together to roll continually...yet. She is pushing up to stand to help me transfer her from bed to chair and chair to sofa and sofa to bed. She tries so hard to take steps but her trunk control is not there yet. I have no doubt in time she will be taking steps.

Not sure if I am ready for that but I guess we shall wait and see what Miss Courtney decides to do.


It is an amazing thing to be witness to. This miracle of strength of will and perseverance that I am privileged to call my daughter. I have no idea what will happen next, but I know that as long as there is that smile...we are good to go.


So, that's what my day looks like. Can't wait to see yours...


~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~

Labels: ,