the joy journey ~ vol. 12 ~ leaving a legacy...

I read the most amazing obituary this week.  85 year-old Mary A. “Pink” Mullaney, from Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin went on to her glory leaving behind quite a wonderful legacy. You can read the full text here.  As I read about her passion for feeding the homeless, love of animals and caring for the elderly all while loving Our Lord with a deep abiding love, I laughed and I cried.

She lived a life filled with joy. Look at her smiling face. It jumped right off the page. What an incredible lady. The love her family has shown for her through these words of tribute made me wonder what it would have been like to know her in person. I am actually sad about that. I bet we would get along famously, at least I hope we would. I mean with a nickname like “Pinky” how could you not have a good time? She simply loved everyone with abandon. She fed the hungry, gave shelter to the homeless, visited the sick and imprisoned, and loved God above all else. She lived the corporal works of mercy with a passion and it sounds like with quite a sense of humor.

READ MORE HERE...

Labels: