day 20 - energy ebbs and flows...


I woke up at 1 a.m. and then again at 4 a.m. both times coughing and trying to swallow. The lack of sleep has been an issue but not one I really have an answer to until all the swelling in my throat goes away. So for now, I am hooked up to the caffeine IV and trying to push through.

Despite the lack of sleep, I feel better today than I have in an entire week. I got so much done...I was on fire. I did three loads of laundry, made all of Court's PT appointments through December and followed up on some insurance billing questions I had. I also made dinner for the first time in a week.


You're gonna hear me ROAR...well maybe not...that would hurt my throat...but still...on fire baby!!

I actually left the house today. I needed more apple cider vinegar, my new BFF. It was beautiful to feel the sun on my face and be out among the living instead of house bound. Not to worry, I made sure I didn't overdo it. I was home within an hour.

I am learning some big lessons during this time of infirmary. Mary does not do well with physical pain. Not well at all. Something I need to work on for sure. Note to self...Grace in illness...work on it girlfriend...got it.

The only jarring news today was the arrival of the first of Miss Courtney's hospital bills from her less than 24 hour stay two weeks ago.


Yes, that's for less than 24 hours.

I know. Amazing isn't it??

Insurance will cover about 80% thank you Lord. The rest is up to us. This is the first of there bills that will arrive for one stay. The others will come sometime this week from the two different doctors teams (Peds and Nuero) that treated her while there.

You want to know why we never go on vacation anywhere?? There you go. Add to this the weekly therapy bills and her special diet costs and life get's really fun some days. Only one reality of having a disabled child.

Not to worry though...we will figure it all out. We always do with the good Lord's help.

Today I am grateful for:

#1718 - #1733

** kind voices on the other side of the phone helping me schedule appointments
** nurses that say they will call you right back, and they do
** medical insurance...thank the Lord!
** that this past weekend's Girls Confirmation Retreat went well
** cranberry candles lit throughout the house
** delivering a birthday gift...such fun
** being able to swallow multiple times in a row and not swear like a sailor
** getting out the winter sweaters
** waking up to actual fall weather
** having the energy to make dinner for my family
** hot tea and honey
** watching Miss Courtney spend an hour wriggling her hair band out of her hair...so funny!
** seeing an old friend while getting a coffee treat this morning
** making a sewing plan to finish up Miss Courtney's bedroom now that I can function again
** my sweet beautiful daughter for whom I would give my very life
** my strong and capable son, who gives up so much for the good of the whole family. I would give my life for him as well. I am so blessed as a mother. So very blessed. 




Labels: , , , , ,