pies vex me...

Happy, Happy Thanksgiving Eve!...so sorry my friends that I have not been in this space for the last few days...things here have been very busy...there has been cleaning and dusting...bathroom de-toxifications...scrubbing of floors and walls...and more floors and walls...vacuuming and more vacuuming...ironing shirts and linens and making beds...then the baking began...pies vex me...I can make cakes and cookies...candies and more cookies without breaking a sweat...but pies??...they are tough little pastries to master...that crust!!...that crust made me swear like a sailor...not that that is a big surprise...cleaning the bathrooms makes me swear like a sailor...stubbing my toe does the same...so pies be darned...I pray I don't kill any of my guests with my efforts...tomorrow will be the big test...heaven help me...anywhooo...let's see what else has been going on??...oh yes...the wheelchair van died...since we don't have the funds to repair it right now, I have made adjustments in Courtney's therapy schedule so that I use Jerry's car once a week to get to the hospital...cars vex me too...and make me swear like a sailor...I am sure we are not alone in our current financial stretching...stretching of any kind vexes me as well...I feel like I am getting a serious spiritual workout these days as well...not surprising when one has handed their life over to the Good Lord...it's funny...I keep thinking God is going to shake it up a bit and test me in some "new" way...but I guess I have to pass the "old" tests first...tests vex me...always have...always will...but no matter, tomorrow we feast...it will be a simpler feast than in years past but it will still be a feast...there will be family at the table and good conversation for certain...there will be nieces and nephews and sweet hugs all around...that is all that matters in the end...making memories...sharing the love...vexing pies and vans and spiritual tests and financial stretching aside...I wish you and those you love a most Happy Thanksgiving!!...May your table be full of love and a vexing pie or two...Gobble! Gobble!


Labels: ,