pretty, happy, funny, real...

Hello Blogland...how goes life?

Here at Chez Lenaburg we continue to put one foot in front of the other taking each day as it comes. I have to remind myself at times that even though my days can feel rather mundane, the routine we have established is to make sure Miss Courtney has the safest and fullest life possible. So even though I fight loneliness and boredom from time to time, the end game is always on my mind. She needs me and I will not neglect that duty.

I do love this weekly pretty, happy, funny, real roundup celebrating contentment in daily life. It's a wonderful reminder in the midst of laundry, dishes, g-tube feedings and therapy sessions that life can be filled with joy and moments of tranquility.

Cranberry orange candles are my favorite this time of year. 

Fall is my favorite season of the year. The leaves change color, their is a briskness in the air, soup on the stove and fresh bread in the oven. There are cranberry scented candles and pumpkin scones to enjoy. Don't get me started on my love for all things apple. This weekend I will be making apple butter. I can't wait. 

I am also trying to get ready for Christmas. I promised myself this year I would make most of the gifts and needless to say I am a little behind. Yeah...I know...big surprise. Next week is Jonathan's birthday and I am giving him a hand knit scarf. I have only a little bit left to do and it will be finished. Then I can get to work on the other gifts in earnest.

I am this close...this close...

Miss Courtney has been working very hard on her upper body strength. She spends probably four to six hours a day on her tummy, broken up into two hours at a time. I work with her on shifting her shoulders while bearing weight. this helps keep her upper back loose all while strengthening her shoulders which helps her with her overall balance and ability to lift her spoon to try and self feed.

sometimes she is happy...

She is so funny sometimes. Most days she smiles and even laughs during these sessions. But then there are other times when she throws me on of these looks.

now we are annoyed...LOL!

Too funny my girl. She may not speak, but man does she know how to get her point across. When she is done, she is done.

I hope you all have a great Thursday...I know I will.



~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~

Labels: ,