what i wore sunday ~ vol. 38...

It's 9:30 at night and I am finally getting around to putting this post together. Sundays around here can be pretty busy. Jerry and I are both on the Youth Ministry Core Team so that means we head to church around 3:30 and don't get home until around 8:30 - 9 p.m. Sometimes if our son is available he will stay home with Miss Courtney while we serve but tonight she was with us since big brother had to work.

The kids are always so wonderful with her. They all greet her with smiles and they come right up to her and and say hello. My Courtney just smiles and hums...loudly...she witnesses God's love to these high schoolers in her own special way that's for sure.

Anyway, here is what we wore to Mass this evening. I will start with Miss Courtney because her facial expressions are hysterical.

Today was the first time we had to put mittens and a hat on her. There was just enough of a chill in the air that I wasn't taking any chances. Oh my golly I was totally unprepared for her reaction. I will let the photo speak for itself...

Hat and mittens are a handmade gift, coat is from New York & Company...

Oh yeah baby...she was torked! Her face says it all. I don't believe fall/winter are her favorite seasons of the year. They require hats and that is just not happening for my girl.

I also needed to share a photo I took last night of her in her new jammies. Daddy found the at Walmart and he could not resist getting them for Courtney. Look at her smile! they are soft and warm and my girl was getting her inner redneck on for sure. Too funny!! She will happily wear ducks on her feet but not a soft hat or mittens??? Who knows with this kid. It's always a surprise...



My outfit was much less complicated and I wasn't annoyed even though I was wearing Spanx! The sweater and skirt are from Talbots, boots are Gucci from a killer sale at DSW and the scarf is from a little Irish shop in Annapolis MD that my Mom bought for me years ago.


Hey, a girl can play in the leaves no matter how old she is...no judgement...


I love this pin my friend Marjanna gave me years ago. She found it in a little second hand store and thought I would really like it. There is a tiny Miraculous Medal hanging form the beautiful pearl lillies. So beautiful. I wear it quite often.


Go take a photo and join us won't you? Head on over to FineLinenandPurple and link up. Then you can head over here to Watch What I'm Wearing, celebrating modesty and fashionI'm also over at Sunday Style @ Plane Pretty , Tucker Up, Monday Bloom @ DC in Style and The Pleated Poppy. It's a party!



DCinStyle

Labels: , ,