interior quiet and broken appliances...

these days I am searching for an interior quiet...there is so much noise...so much distraction...my heart is so full of gratitude for what God is doing...in my marriage...more listening to and praying for one another...less sarcasm and sniping over little things that are just that...little...with my daughter...Miss Courtney's mobility is improving everyday...causing her Mama to almost have a stroke twice today... she likes to lean ALLLLL the way over to the side while trying to "get out" of the purple chair...one time she was half laying on the sofa, half in her chair...the second time she was almost upside down, head touching the floor...STROKE I tell you!!!...thank goodness for her seat belt or there would have been one very irritated Courtney and one freaked out Mama...Sweet Moses, who does this child think she is?... a member of Cirque de Soleil??...I keep telling her it would be easier to just get up and walk... maybe one day she will...I cannot even believe that is a possibility...my Courtney walking...so much to be thankful for...I find that elusive peace...for just a moment or two...when all is right with the world and my jeans zip while standing up...no problemo...peace...then from nowhere comes something else...tonight the dryer stopped working...I just laughed...like a hyena...on drugs...I laughed so hard I think I pulled a muscle...Jerry just cursed like the sailor he is...I laughed some more than ate a cookie...a BIG cookie...I think this is set to be the Advent of testing...financial testing...spiritual testing though failing appliances and large moving vehicles...but no worry...we will figure it out...because we are an Advent people...revolutionaries who BELIEVE that ANYTHING is possible...from a fixed wheelchair lift van due to the generosity of strangers...to fixed dryers due to the blessed warranty still in effect...and that Mary can actually lose weight during the holiday season...well that last one would truly require a miracle of God...as in the Almighty sending down a legion if angels to stand watch removing each and every cookie from my hand before I devour it on sight...but then we are an Advent people...and ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE...even jeans in a smaller size under the Christmas tree...hey my life is crud these days...a girl has got to have a dream you know...happy December 2...goodnight...

Labels: ,