pretty, happy, funny, real ~ 2014, vol.1

Yay! {pretty, happy, funny real} is back. Doing the happy dance here in cold and windy Northern VA. Woot! Woot! So happy to be joining Auntie Leila and the girls for another week of seeking contentment in everyday life.

{pretty}


I did a little baking yesterday. I made Spiced Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips and Pecans. It was so nice to turn on the oven on such a frigid day. I took my time and just enjoyed the step by step process and the calm that baking brings me. I will be sending one loaf to the hospital for a friend whose daughter is ill and another will be a hostess gift. The third we will keep for my family and the fourth a gift for another friend. One hour of baking takes care of four things. I like the effeciancy of it all. 

Aren't the loaves pretty??

{happy} 

I made a new soup recipe the other day. It's my friend Maria's Chicken Divan Soup. I took a photo and posted it to instagram and facebook and got a lot of requests for the recipe. So to make all of you awesome people happy...here it is:


Maria's Chicken Divan Soup:
2 Tbsp butter
1 medium onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/4 tsp red pepper flake
48 oz chicken  broth
2 (12 oz) packages fresh broccoli florets
8 oz package cream cheese, cut into cubes
4 cups chopped cooked chicken
8 oz package grated cheddar cheese
salt and  pepper to taste

melt butter in dutch oven over medium high heat.  Add onion and sautee for 5-6 minutes or until tender.  add garlic and red pepper and cook 2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth and broccoli.  Cover and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to medium and cook 10-15 minutes or until broccoli is tender.  Stir in cream cheese.

Process mixture with handheld mixer until smooth.  Add chicken and shredded cheese.  Cook, stirring occasionally, or until cheese in melted.  Season with salt and pepper.  Serve immediately.  

{funny}

I made a vlog...click here to check it out...
It's my first one...can you tell??
I swear. I am like a ping pong ball in the dryer. Holy Buckets I need to work on staying on topic.

{real}


This New Year has brought with it some changes to our routine here at Chez Lenaburg. So this Mama needed to get with the whole calendar/schedule/planning right away. As I strive to take things one day at a time, it helps to have a few pretty books to help with the drudgery that planning can be sometimes.

As I put away the Christmas decorations and began planning for the New Year I have struggled a bit with clutter...


Ugh. SO much paper. I really need to get a grip on this, like, yesterday. So that will be on the list for this weekend.

Organize. Toss. Put Away.

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~


Labels: ,