a slow pace grateful for deep breaths...

Today has been a slow day here at Chez Lenaburg. Everyone (except Jonathan) slept in well past our regular 6:30 a.m. wake up call. Miss Courtney had a peaceful night and so did Mama and Daddy. 

We had a list of errands to get done this morning, so we eventually got around to showers and getting ready to take Miss Courtney on a little adventure. 

sent this embroidered square to Cari who is putting together a quilt for a wounded soldier

First up was picking up Jerry's car which now sports four brand spanking new tires (he had his original one for almost 60,000 miles so it was time) and it passed the state inspection. Phew, that's done for another year. As you all know car stuff stresses me out just a smidge. Miss Courtney road in the front seat of the wheelchair van again this morning. This time I put a velcro strap around the seat and she did much better with staying on one place. Grateful for that. Cannot wait to have my pennies saved to fix the wheelchair van lift. It won't be soon enough for me. 

Once we got the car situation settled it was off to the post office to mail my quilt square to Cari who is putting together a quilt for a wounded soldier. It's a great project to be a part of. Then we were off to the dry cleaners, pharmacy and grocery store.. I know, I know, it sounds like a complete snooze fest. Well, that's errand day for us. Not very exciting but very necessary every two weeks. 

We splurged on "rainbow" carrots and a jar of local honey at the Whole Foods. I am so excited to cook the carrots for Sunday supper tomorrow. I am salivating just thinking about it. I kind of have a thing for carrots. So yummy. 

don't you love the greens that come with the carrots? makes me feel like a farmer. 

While Jerry ran into the pharmacy Miss Courtney decided she would have a lovely seven minute grand-mal seizure, complete with blue lips and retching. Awesomesauce. So I kept her as safe as I could, airway protected and all, letting her ride it out. Thank goodness that was our last stop of the day. As soon as we got home, I put her in bed and she was out. 

This poor kid fights so hard with these seizures. It breaks my heart a little more each and every time she has to go through one. I promised God a long time ago that I would fight with my girl as long as she took a breath on this earth and I will honor that promise. She is my life and I am honored to love her through it as best I can. As she gets older, I can honestly say she brings me more joy than sorrow. It's never dull around here fo shizzel.

I am grateful that we were sitting in the parking lot when she went for the gold with this one. I would have had to pull over if we had been driving. That is always the tricky part when we go anywhere. "If she has a seizure, what to we do?" Some days it's easier to handle than others. 

Hubby is upstairs studying for his PMP exam this Friday and Miss Court is sleeping peacefully at the moment. Sounds like the perfect time for a cup of tea don't you think? I hope your Saturday is going well and you are at peace friends. 

(pinky extended in a British voice)