week in my life ~ 2014...tuesday...



Since this #weekinmylife2014 is supposed to be a little peek at my daily life, I thought I would let you know what I see most of my day when I am in my chair holding Courtney. That's her memory mat on the living room floor, where she spends time when she is tired of being held. This way I am not lifting her to bed every 45 minutes and she is in the middle of the family action. 

Just keeping it real...always...


 Today is Veteran's Day. In our house that meant that Jerry, my Navy veteran, got to be pampered and spoiled a bit. There was bacon wrapped beef tenderloin with twice baked potatoes and broccoli, all his favorites. He also got to stay in and watch Gettysburg while I ran ALL those errands that annoy him. You know the ones, getting toilet paper at Walmart, the dry cleaning, gas for the van, milk and eggs at the grocery store...etc...etc...etc...

He was happy to just snuggle up with Miss Courtney and hang out for the day. I was happy to get out in the beautiful sunshine, have my first red cup of the season, a skinny peppermint mocha, and go, go, go. It was a win, win for both of us. A nice day indeed. 


The other big change was I got my hair cut. I am a little unsure about it but I was desperate for a change and well, it's definitely shorter in the back but I still have the angle cut in the front. I don't know. I don't think it's enough change. I think I may just go really short for awhile. Maybe a pixie? I just feel so old and tired in the hair department.Thoughts? 


Of course there was also snuggling with Miss Courtney. She had a really rough afternoon suffering through several very hard grand mal siezures. They come out of the blue these days and boy do they wipe my sweet girl out. To hold her through them and comfort her after them is such a privilege for me. I just whisper prayers over her and hope for all of it to stop. 

At times, especially when she stops breathing for those 10-15 seconds, I will even beg God to just make it all stop, to end her suffering and bring her home to Him. 


I know, what mother does that?! This mother who is tired of watching her daughter fight so damn hard to breathe. It just hurts more some days than others. This afternoon was one of those times. I just keep reminding myself that God is in control of this train and my girl still has work to do.

until tomorrow,




"We humbly thank you for any help paying off Courtney's extensive medical bills 
and taking care of the cost of the remainder of her final arrangements**
GoFundME 
We Love the Lenaburgs - Team Courtney Fundraiser

PayPal

Labels: ,