answer me this...vol. 1


This is my first time participating in Kendra @ Catholic All Year fun little meme called Answer Me This. SInce I am all about the fun this summer, I thought why not, let's just jump in. So every Sunday (starting next week), along with my What I Wore posts there will also be an Answer Me This post.

Cool.

Now for those answers...



#1 - Any big plans for the summer?
I am traveling a bit for the first time in many, many years. First up, next week, I will be with 40 teenagers from our parish in Steubenville, OH working with Dirty Vagabond Ministries helping the homeless and downtrodden. Then there will be a day helping the sisters at the local convent and finally we will end the week at Franciscan University attending a Youth Conference. This years theme is John 10:10 "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly."

A full week for sure. Your prayers will be greatly appreciated. 

Then in July, due to the generosity of others, I will be heading down to Charleston, South Carolina for the edel15 conference. I will be on a plane for the first time in almost five years. We will see how that goes. 

Later that month I am in NYC with my critique partner for a writing convention. Again, others have stepped up and taken care of the majority of the cost for me. I am incredibly blessed. In August, we head to Oklahoma for Jerry's parents 60th Wedding Anniversary. 

It's a pretty full summer. I am excited and nervous and a teensy bit overwhelmed all at the same time. It will be an adventure for sure. 

#2 - What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
I really struggled with this one. I don't know. Maybe that babies came when the stork brought them to the front door. I think I watched Dumbo too many times.



#3 - What is you favorite amusement park ride?
The bench outside the ice cream parlor. Definitely. I don't do amusement park rides. The last time I was one one, I was dropped from some sort of tower of doom and I screamed every curse word in the book because I thought we would all die. Did I mention my pastor was on the ride with me and ten other teens from church? Yeah. Not my finest moment for sure. 

I enjoy them the water flume, because on a hot day it to cools me down. The I go get ice cream.

#4 - What's on you summer reading list?
I have quite the stack piling up. I am currently reading Sarah Dessen's "Saint Anything".So far, so good. I just finished Nora Robert's "The Liar". So good. Twists and turns. I skip the FLE pages (sex scenes). Next up is Tom Clancy's "Locked ON". I am huge fan of thrillers. Tom never dissappoints. So sad he is now gone. 

After that...who knows. Suggestions would be most welcome. COMMENT please. Pretty please. 

#5 - Have you ever fallen asleep in public?
Yes. But I can't talk about it. It involves falling out of the pew at church and having people think I fainted at Mass. Too much pain. Can't. go. there.



#6 - What is your favorite smell?
I have two really. Freshly baked bread or cookies or cakes as they come out of the oven or lemons. I love lemons. Lemon cake, lemon candles, lemon lotion, lemon soap, ALL the lemon. 

Until next week. 

Labels: ,