answer me this...july 4th edition...


Here is this weeks edition of Kendra @ Catholic ALL Year summer folly Answer Me This. This week it's the July 4th Edition. Let's dig in and have a little fun shall we? 



1. How did you celebrate the 4th of July? (Or, for you international types . . . Do anything fun this weekend?)

Jerry and I might have had a little bit of fun this weekend. Unfortunately Jonathan had to work so it was a couples day. We started out day with the local parade. It was the first time we have ever attended in the sixteen years we have lived here. Miss Courtney could never tolerate the heat or the loud drum lines from the marching bands. 



They say to get your self moving forward from traumatic grieving you need to shake things up. Change your routine, do something different on the holidays. This year, being our first without Court, we did. We went way outside the box and made it an epic day. 

There was the parade with Miss Lily and her family followed by a day of grillin and chillin with our dear friend the Silvaclan. There was BBQ and yummy carrot cake. Then it was off to the fire works. We have not been to the fireworks in almost 23 years. Jonathan hated the loud noises and so did his little sister. So we always watched them at home on the TV. 



I have to say they are much cooler live and in person. Beautiful in fact. Of course there is all the time waiting for the fire works to begin. We may or may not have had a little fun with our iPhones in that hour. No alcohol involved, just our crazy selves. 



Oh. What fun we had. 

2. Do you sunburn easily?

Yes. Very easily. 

See photo below for proof. The sun hates me. It really does. 




3. Hot dogs. Yay or nay?

Yay!! I love grilled hot dogs. I love them all. 

My favorite is Chicago Style hot dog...hot dog with mustard, pickle relish, jalepenos, onions and tomatoes. So very, very yummy. 

4. Have you ever personally set off fireworks?


Only sparklers in the back yard. I go to the fireworks. It's safer that way. 

5. Have you ever jumped off the high dive?

I loved the high dive. I loved the pool. I haven't been in some time but the thrill never leaves you. Take a step on the wild side...step off the high dive. So.much.fun.

6. Do you do anything weird in your sleep?

Sleep? What is this craziness you speak of? I don't sleep much these days thanks to the lovely change of season in my life. Menopause is a tough cookie to crack and the insomnia that comes with it is the hardest part. 

When I do sleep, it's with a C-pap machine and I look like Darth Vader. Sexy no? 

Yep. Not so much. 

Until next week my friends. 

help pay off medical debt from caring for our beautiful Courtney  

Our new goal is $3,209.00 which will eliminate the balance on a credit card used for Courtney's PT, OT and Feeding therapies and supplies used over the last five years. If we can raise this amount, we can pay it off and be that much closer to our larger goal. One thing at a time. Thank you so much for your help. 

The entire medical debt is extensive, approx. $71,000. It's a lot and will take years to whittle down. Anything helps. Anything. So, I will keep it at the bottom of my posts for awhile. You all have already given so much to our family. Our prayers are with you and we are so very grateful. We can never repay that kindness. So thank you...just thank you. If you would like our mailing address, please just email me at mary_romance@cox.net and I will send it.

Labels: ,