#blessedbrunchfx


This past Saturday I had the privilege and joy of hosting twenty-five spectacular Catholic women for my first Blessed is She brunch. God granted me a beautiful morning so that all the festivities could take place outdoors, which is a darn fine thing because my house, she is very small. 

I began prepping earlier in the week. I was hoping to achieve a rustic chic look with burlap and lace as the main design theme. I found these fabulously awesome plates at Target for $.50 and fell in love with the color. Everything branched out from there. 







I really wanted everyone at one long table, family style. This way you can have a conversation with everyone and not just individual group that are difficult to navigate your way in and out of. Especially if you are an introvert. I wanted everyone to feel welcome and included, so one long table it was. 

Four banquet tables stretched the length of my back deck and the majority of the table was in the shade.  Later we ended up shifting them over because the sun had moved and people were getting sunburned. Yikes! I so appreciated everyones flexibility. 



I found the burlap runner on Amazon and they were perfect. I had all the silverware, cups, and mugs for coffee/tea. I decided to make the napkins from my quilting stash. This way I could use them again. 

Next up were the centerpieces. Enter the fabulously versatile Ball canning jar, a glue gun, some purchased burlap accessories for Michael's and burlap/lace ribbon I had in my stash. 

My friend Christine and I, along with her daughter Tori, put them together in a bout an hour. I filled them with simple baby's breath. They can be used again and again. I can put candles in them for an evening event or use other flowers. Such a simple craft made a big impact. 



I purchased two 11x14 Blackboard canvas's and had Christine print out two of my favorite Blessed is She scriptures. The one above graced the buffet table. Another was inside. 



The food was just phenom. Jen (with one "n") made this potato casserole I wanted to seriously take a bath in. She has since shared the recipe with me so she's a keeper. So good. Emily made deviled eggs to die for and Rachel made this blueberry french toast casserole that was simply divine.   

Everyone was so very generous with the time and talents. No one went away  rom our table hungry. There were even mimosa's, thanks to Jenn (with two "n"s). I love her so. Bring on the brunching ladies. So much fun. 



We began in prayer then enjoyed a little brunch conversation as we were eating all the good stuff. Afterward, I lead a conversation all about building community and we discussed how desperate we seem to be for authentic friendships. After all, that's what Blessed is She is all about. Connecting internet friends in real life. 

There were women from all walks of life and all seasons of life at our table. Married and single. Pregnant or dealing with infertility. Some of us had lost a child and some had special needs children. Some of us stayed home and others worked outside the home. The interesting thing was that at some point in the day, we all felt isolated and alone. 



We encouraged each other to be real and authentic, to dig deep and share form the heart. Amazing conversation followed with sharing, laughter and even a few tears. These women were searching for real community and we found it on my back deck. 

God is so good. 

I have seen several of the women already connecting in real life after making arrangements on social media. It made me what to do a serious happy dance. Woohoo...go create community my sisters. Go! Go! Go! 

I sent them home with little goodie bags filled with note cards (from my stash) and some homemade jam. I wanted them to know how important they were to my spiritual journey, coming out of this grief tunnel from Courtney. 



Thanks to Jenna for creating this ministry and for all of your hard work to maintain it. I can't wait to meet everyone once again. We can do this y'all. Build that kingdom for the Lord. It's not as hard as you think. 


PS. I would be remiss if I didn't give a shout out to my beloved Jerry who was indispensable this weekend. I could not have done any of this without him. Not one darn thing. He was awesome. Thanks Babe!

Labels: , , , ,