my sunday best ~ vol 3 ~ a baptism


It was an extremely busy weekend here in Lenaburg world. On Saturday my baby brother Andrew and his beautiful wife Nancy baptized their daughter Sadie Caroline. It was an incredible day filled with so much grace. My favorite part might have been the fact that my son Jonathan is the godfather. He and my baby sister Marianne make quite a pair of spiritual advocates for little Sadie.

I wore a apple green empire waist dress from Dress Barn's house label. I paired with a cropped cardigan form Land's End and flats from Talbot's. Everything came from my closet. I did have to have the dress taken in which was a surprise to me. This whole losing weight thing is happening very slowly which is great, but it surprises me from time to time. A nice surprise for sure. 


On Sunday, it was the Feast of Pentecost. Red was the liturgical color of the day. I don't usually wear red close to my face because of my rosacea, so I chose a red and white knit top. I paired it with my red skirt and chose turquoise as the accent color. I think it worked out pretty well I think. 


The skirt is from Lane Bryant and the top from Talbots. The top is new, for the 2016 spring line. Gotta love a good 30% off sale. The shoes are American Eagle I have had forever and the jewlery is all costume bought from various places over the years. 

It was a great weekend filled with family and faith. The weather cooperated beautifully and the rain held off until the drive home. Thank you Lord. Head on over to and join Rosie for My Sunday Best

 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,