my sunday best ~ vol.1...


My sweet friend Rosie Hill over at A Blog for My Mom has started a new link-up on Sundays following in the What I Wore Sunday tradition. It's called My Sunday Best. It's a same day post chronicling my Sunday best. 

Since I work at my Parish as the director of liturgy, my Sunday best must be on fleek.I spend most of the day interacting with parishioners, working behind the scenes making sure that each liturgy goes smoothly. 

There are are a few things I have to consider when choosing what to where on Sunday. It must be modest in neckline and length. I have to be able to bend down, genuflect as well as make a profound bow from the waist. I have gotten into the habit now of doing all of these things in the dressing room when trying an outfit on, that way I know it works. 


I have also invested in a few new pairs of flat shoes because platform heals and 12 hour days on your feet do not make for a very happy liturgy lady. 

Today I chose a dove gray polka dot "mock wrap" dress. I over the "mock" aspect. it gives me great confidence that it won't un-wrap at a most inopportune moment. I have no desire to be the center of scandal. It has a handkerchief hemline, a flutter sleeve and a lovely little tie at the waist. I got in on sale for 30% off at Dress Barn a few weeks ago. I paid less than $40 for it. I paired it with a long strand of pearls (one of my favorite pieces of costume jewelry) and earrings to match. I finished with a pair of grey quilted flats with a metal detail on the toe.  

It was a rainy cold day today and this dress just made me smile. I felt feminine and could move easily as needed. 

Happy Sunday Y'all, 
 



Labels: , , , , ,