"sewing buddies" ~ project #1

I really need to press these before I mail them off. 
My "sewing buddy" Emma in NYC has a wee one and she wanted to make her a new pair of PJ's. So when we were discussing our first project to work through together, this Oliver and S pattern came to mind. I have made it a few times for nieces and nephews usually out of soft flannel. This time I decided to make a "summer" pair for a little friend who just turned one. I am really happy with how it turned out.

I {heart} the vintage print combined with the kimono detail.

First lets talk fabric. I just love the "vintage" print. It's so happy and colorful. It reminds me of the "Dick and Jane" books from grammar school. Combined with the orange circle dots...LOVE!!! I can just imagine how my sweet little friend will look in her new jams holding her favorite dolly. It makes my heart melt. We used the Oliver and S Bedtime Stories Pajama pattern. This is my favorite children's pants pattern I have ever sewn. So simple and easy. The whole project came together from cutting to seam finishing in about 5-6 hours.

Yes, I sew as slow as I write.

Next up for me and my sewing buddy, the Spring Swap. It's gonna be so fun. You'll have to stay tuned and see what we accomplish. Can't wait to post Emma's pics of her jammies project as well.

I matched the "trim" on the pants to the top. 
Happy Sewing,
Mary

Labels: