7 quick takes friday (vol. 6)


Thanks to Jennifer for hosting another "Quick Takes Friday". If you want to be inspired check out the other submissions at Conversion Diary. There are some great posts...you don't want to miss it!

1.
Courtney has had a good week at school. Yesterday she decided she was NOT going to participate in physical therapy. Her PT, Alex, stood her up to get her to bear weight. She was having none of it. She promptly sat down and refused to do it. After a few attempts, the PT gave up and put her back in her wheel chair. What did Courtney do? Laughed...loudly! That's my girl. Don't tell me there isn't a 17 year old in there!

2.

I made these cupcakes and I am telling you they are like Twinkies on speed. The best part was I brought them over to a friends house who has four children. They loved them and I didn't gain an ounce. I get to bake and when the kids are all sugared up, I can come home to my quiet house. It's a win win situation!

3.
I watched Fr. Vander Woude's interview on EWTN's "Life on the Rock". He was speaking about his father and how he sacrificed his own life to save his son, Father's younger brother Joe. It is an amazing story that never fails to bring tears to my eyes and a prayer to my heart for Mr. Vander Woude's soul. He lived a life filled with virtue and is an example of fatherhood to be emulated. No greater love is there than to lay down one's life for another.

4.
I have gotten up every morning this week at 5am to pray and begin my day in a place of peace and calm. This has really helped me to be productive and to move through my day feeling more joyful and blessed no matter what the circumstances. It has led to a few small successes. "Early to be and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise" Benjamin Franklin.
ps. and a wee bit tired around 2 o'clock in the afternoon.

5.
I recently saw an episode on another EWTN show called the "Abundant Life" wher Johnette was interviewing the author of Fit for Eternal Life. Kevin Vost has written an interesting book all about our bodies and how we need to care for the temples God has provided for us. What I enjoyed about it was how he takes into account daily tasks such as house work. It's the first book that has broken down exercise in such a way that I am actually motivated to do it. He also relates exercise to the virtues it instills in us. I can't wait to read it and implement it further. Operation Renovation is underway.

6.
I went to the dentist yesterday and got an A+. That's right I am a flossing champion!
Woot! Woot!
ps. yes I am getting desperate...one more quick take to go!

7.
I continue to de-clutter one day at a time, everything from household things to outside activities. All of this in an effort to seek a simpler life with more room for family and writing. Peace shall reign supreme! At least in my mind.

Happy Friday!
Mary


Labels: