small successes (vol.28)...




"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that."
Danielle Bean @ Faith and Family LIVE!



1.
I created a new recipe for my potato loving heart!!
Do you see that pillow of loveliness above? It is my new obsession. I LOVE mashed potatoes. They are buttery, creamy, fluffy little clouds of yumminess that accompany so many things so well. I could eat mashed potatoes every single day of the week. My waistline however cannot take that kind of punishment. My glycemic index would revolt and the button on my jeans would have to moved over at least an inch if not more. So what's a potato loving girl to do?

Drum roll please...cawliflower...come forward and take a bow. Yes, ladies and gents, cauliflower. I stumbled across so many different versions of smashed cauliflower in my cookbooks and each time I tried it it was too watery, too bland or to thin. I couldn't stomach it. Until this last recipe I came up with. The key is the starchiness of the potatoes. I have made it three times now and it is a winner. It's the consistency of polenta and has all the taste of mashed potatoes. It is scrumptious, so unbelievably easy and very kind to my glycemic level.

Are you ready? Here we go...

Mary's Cauliflower/Potato Mash
1 head of cauliflower chopped
2 russet potatoes, cubed into 1 inch pieces
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 stick of salted butter

Place cauliflower, potatoes and chicken broth in a large dutch oven. bring to a boil then simmer until both potatoes and cauliflower until they are tender ( a knife should easily slip in). Drain completely and shake excess water off. Place into a food processor with butter and blend until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with your favorite main dish.

2.
I have NOT eaten anymore chocolate bunnies this week. I actually replaced the one I ate the other day. Life has calmed down a bit and my insane need for these sweet treats has all but passed. PETA would be proud of me.

3.
I have begun to work room by room to prepare for my honey's return on Sunday. The twelve loads of laundry were a wonderful motivator to get my bumm in gear and get with it. Let's just say, I am glad I have three days. Very glad...

Let's celebrate the small successes in life. Head on over to Faith and Family LIVE to be inspired!!

Happy Thursday,
Mary

Labels: ,