Outside My Window ~
It is dusk now and so incredibly cold. The wind is whipping around and singing her song. the trees are clinging desperately to the last two or three leaves refusing to give up their warmth. You would think it was winter or something.
I am Listening To ~
The Packers are playing the Eagles and right now the Pack is up 14-3 at the half . I have no pony in this race, just enjoying a fantastic football game. Courtney is on the couch next to me quietly snoring. She's all curled up taking a long winter's nap. Jerry's computer occasionally spits out a tank sound as he is trying to defeat the Russians.
Boys and their toys!
I am Wearing ~
My PJ pants, thermal knit shirt and a knitted wool sweater. The color combination would horrify you. Thank goodness the web cam's off. I have lovely wool slipper socks on and am feeling all warm and toasty.
I am Blessed and Grateful For ~
#118 ~ my honey who just put together some rocking nachos, football food at it's finest.
#119 ~ time spent with my Mom yesterday. She knows so much and is willing to listen to me any time, no matter what the topic. Her counsel is priceless.
#120 ~ the gift to serve others
#121 ~ a patient spouse
#122 ~ an answer to Courtney's medical emergency this week. I take no answer for granted...ever...with this child.
#123 ~ a mother-in-law who taught me how to sew
#124 ~ an opportunity to see that my son has actually listened and learned from his "ancient" parents.
#125 ~ feel beautiful in the eyes of My Beloved Lord
I am Pondering ~
Time...my time, my families time. It is the most precious commodity we have and I need to be a better steward of it. There are only so many hours in a day and my family deserves the best I can give.
“Time the most precious gift one can give. Each moment is unique because it will never happen again…the gift of your time spent with others is the ultimate display of unconditional love.”
Robert W. Merriweather
I am Reading ~
I am Creating Something of Beauty with My Hands ~
I am cleaning out the fabric closet and re-organizing my sewing space this week so no stitching will be happening. Beauty shall rise from the chaos I promise!
On My iPod ~
Uplifting music that makes me smile and sometimes even stop and pray. I am really enjoying MercyMe's newest CD, The Generous Mr. Lovewell. My favorite song "Beautiful".
Before you ever took a breath
Long before the world began
Of all the wonders He possessed
There was one more precious
Of all the earth and skys above
You're the one He madly loves
Enough to death
Stunning words that pierce my heart every time I hear them.
Thank you Lord. Thank you for loving me.
I am Writing ~
...on the memoir. I set up a daily writing plan to FINISH this project this year and so far so good. I am also working on several posts about Once A Month Cooking, Planning a major party, and sewing for a modest young woman. Fun, fun, fun!
Towards Rhythm and Beauty in my Home this Week ~
I started the week moving and grooving, cleaning and dusting. Then Wednesday arrived and Court ended up in the ER. My week was sent into a tailspin. Now things have calmed down and I am once again focused on completing the task. So this week, I will do my best to keep things uncluttered and dust free.
One day, one task at a time.
Living the Liturgy Daily ~
I can't believe it's already time to begin looking toward Lent. I need to prayerfully decide what I will be doing this year and what my family can do together. I am slowly but surely getting my daily prayer time in order and I am beginning to see some results. God is good, all the time!
I am Hoping and Praying for ~
* for Courtney's continued healing from this bout with strep throat and that her immune system can be bolstered.
* for the victims of the AZ shooting and their families that they may feel God's presence during this most difficult time.
* for a return to civility with the political discourse in this country. Words have power and people need to be personally responsible for the words and deeds. "Words which do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness." Mother Teresa
* for my friend Marques and the two other candidates from our parish who will be taking vows on Jan. 15 as a permanent deacons in the church. We are blessed to have them and his family in service to the church.
* for my cousin Anne who is deployed to Afghanistan and our family friend Gerard who has begun Marine Boot Camp in Paris Island. May God protect all those who serve this wonderful nation.
* for those I hold close to my heart that are suffering from depression or anxiety. That God's healing grace will seep into every part of their life relieving them of these issues.
"Pray, Hope and Don't Worry" ~ Padre Pio
* for Caleb and his Mom and Dad, for wisdom and healing
* for two family members who are getting ready to make some big transitions in their lives. I pray for God's wisdom for both of them and for His light to shine on the paths they are to follow.
* for good health for my family this winter.
In the Garden ~
The ground is frozen solid and my rose bushes look so sad and lost. I shiver when I look at them cause baby it's cold outside!
On the positive side of life, I am looking forward to talking with a friend this week who is a master gardener to start planning my raised vegetable beds. 'Tis the season for planning.
In the Kitchen ~
Still humming along on the Pantry Challenge.
I have learned a HUGE lesson this week. I will not be assigning a meal to each day. It doesn't allow for any flexibility when my day goes to he** in a hand basket. I will simply make a list of seven meals that can be made with what I have in the house and then decide that morning which to make. I think it will work better that way.
A Few of My Favorite Things ~
- pink! pink baby blankets, pink baby socks, pink baby cheeks, pink, pink, pink!
- a couch that allows me to snuggle with my sleeping daughter and her 20 foot long legs.
- Food Network...inspiring, delectable and fun!
- hand-knit mittens and scarves that are soft and warm.
Courtney's World ~
Last week we ended up in the ER with seizures due to of all things strep throat
. Crazy right? My girl knows how to be a drama queen that is for certain. Anyway, she is doing much better tonight. She's been smiling and happy for the last two days and made quite the scene in Mass this morning, yelping during the homily. I guess she had something to say to Father. Thank you for your continued prayer support for my girl. It is a precious gift to our family.
A Picture Thought ~
|Applesauce put up in September...now being enjoyed at the dinner table. |
Labels: Courtney's World, My Crazy Life