the rhythm of home ~ don't worry...be happy NOW!

Outside My Window ~
It's dark outside and the wind and rain have finally gone away. I know we need them but not when I am driving across the bridge from Maryland to Virginia in a 9 foot high wheelchair lift van. It was a bit dicey today but I arrived home safe and sound. I must admit I am looking forward to Spring, to cleaning out the old and planting the new. It's an exciting time.

I am Listening To ~
Right now there is a conversation going on in the kitchen between J-man and his Dad about college credits and transferring deadlines. In the next breath they begin debating vampires versus zombies. I don't care what they talk about as long s the dishes get done. I do love my boys and their variety of dish doing topics. Miss Courtney is humming next to me...maybe she's got an opinion on the whole zombie thing. Who knows?

I am Wearing ~
Soft wool socks, flannel jammie pants and a long sleeve t-shirt. Pretty soon flannel will be too warm but I will enjoy it while I can. 

I am Blessed and Grateful For ~
#171 - #185:
* father and son chats while doing the dishes.
*sons who seek their fathers advice on their future vocation...an answer to prayer.
*a Saturday spent writing and talking about writing surrounded by writer's
*the mountains...part of God's canvas that always take my breath away
*silence at 5 a.m. 
*picture hangers
*pictures of family and friends to hang
*true friends who are sheltering trees come rain or shine
*my community of writers...so blessed
*good books to read while the rain is pouring
*sofa cushions, lots of sofa cushions
*icons that remind me of the communion of saints that pray with me each day
*pasta with béchamel sauce and parmesan cheese...yummm
*vanilla scented candles and coconut/lime scented hand soap 

I am Pondering ~
"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Matthew 6:34

"What matters is today. Today is the day we need in which to love, to grow in holiness, through those countless little occurrences that go to make up the texture of our life. Some things will be naturally pleasant, others perhaps less gratifying, but each one of them can be made to shine for God and for eternity, a gem which we will have wrought and polished with human perfection and supernatural meaning...each day is the one we must fill with love for our God;every day is one we must finish, leaving it brimful of good works. We cannot let a single chance of doing good slip through our hands. Today does not come round again, ever, and God expects us to fill it with love and with little acts of service towards others. Our Guardian Angel should rejoice when he offers our day to our Father God."
Conversation with God; Daily Meditations Volume Three: Ordinary Time: Weeks 1-12 
by Francis Fernandez

I am Reading ~
Mansfield Parby Jane Austen
Song of Renewal by Emily Sue Harvey
The One Year Women's Friendship Devotional by Cheri Fuller and Sandra P. Aldrich

I am Creating Something of Beauty with My Hands ~
My "sewing buddy" Emma is ahead of me right now in our first sewing challenge. Not to worry by tomorrow I will be caught up.  We are making this Oliver and S Pattern bedtime story pajamas sewing pattern. I will post pictures this weekend in a separate post.
Sew baby Sew!!

On My iPod ~
Audiobooks and praise music. It's a happy dance combination!

I am Writing ~
...on the memoir...plodding away...slowly but surely...

Towards Rhythm and Beauty in my Home this Week ~
I rearranged ALL the photos, art work and icons in the living room. I am happy, happy, happy with the results. Next up will be the kitchen. It needs so much love...it's a bit overwhelming but it needs a face lift...let the planning begin.

Living the Liturgy Daily ~
planning, planing, writing, reading, planning for Lent. One week before Ash Wednesday. I have gotten down the purple fabric to cover the crucifixes in the house. This is a custom that I grew up with and it always makes me think of home. 

What are your plans this Lent?  

I am Hoping and Praying for ~
*Miss Courtney's care plan and new meds. May God continue to guide her doctors. 

* for a return to civility with the political discourse in this country. Words have power and people need to be personally responsible for the words and deeds. "Words which do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness." Mother Teresa

* for my cousin Anne who is deployed to Afghanistan and our family friend Gerard at Marine Boot Camp in Paris Island. May God protect all those who serve this wonderful nation.

*for Jerry's Dad who is recovering from surgery on his foot. My God grant patience to my mother-in-law and peaceful healing to Don. It's going to be a long two months I think.

* for someone dear to me who is expecting once more. That God may protect both Momma and little one. 

*for Caleb and his Momma and Daddy. That they may feel hope once more in the midst of great sacrifice. 

* for those who are searching for their purpose in this world. That God may grant them a passionate perseverance to discover His plan for them.

*for Suzanne at church who prays for my girl, just because

*in thanksgiving for my friends diagnosis...continued prayers for the course of treatment she must follow. 

*in thanksgiving for my two godchildren Peter and Lilly who turn four in the next few weeks. I am so honored to be your Godmother. 

*for the six woman I have prayed with weekly for over 10 years now. That God may guide their daily paths as family needs and obligations prevent us from being physically present to one another at this time. May God shelter them and the ones they hold closest to their hearts.

*for a special intention

"Pray, Hope and Don't Worry" ~ Padre Pio 

In the Garden ~
The plans for the garden continue. It's a little intimidating but I think we can do it. It's going to be a challenge and an adventure. 

In the Kitchen ~
Not feeling the inspiration this week. So sad. I am over pasta...really over it. I am ready for a fresh veggie explosion. 

Courtney's World ~
As you know last week was NOT a good one.  Miss Courtney has decided that this week will be a better one. Only one seizure in 48 hours. That's my girl...loves to keep her audience riveted. So things are calm for now. You never know with this young lady...I have the grey hair to prove it. 

A Picture Thought ~
after a day of running errands...too funny!





Labels: ,