love bears all burdens...


:: noticing God's glory
After another day spent in the ER with Miss Courtney, I am once again reminded of the glory of our simple home. No it's not a palace with it's own landscaping team and kitchen staff, but it's ours. By the grace of God above it's ours. Jerry and I love our children in this home. We laugh, we cry, we pray, we worry, we dance, we cook, we occasionally clean...but every single day we LIVE within these four walls. It's not perfect by any means but it is beautiful in it's simplicity and crowded book shelves. God is present here...always present...

:: listening to
Right now Chris Tomlin's new CD is playing on my iPod. It's called Burning Lights and it is fabulous. Every single song has meaning and makes me raise my hands in praise. That's probably why it's taking so long to write this post. I keep stopping to pray and sing praise!!

My favorite song is "Sovereign". Just stunning in it's truth. Trust...it's all about trust!




:: clothing myself in
I am in sweat pants, wool socks and long sleeve t-shirt. I have't even showered yet. I think I may need more coffee for that to happen.

:: thinking and thinking
Life and the fragility of every single precious moment. These past two weeks with Miss Courtney have put so much in perspective for me. All the while there are so many others who are suffering. Sometimes I get tunnel vision here in this little corner of the world and lose sight that for everything we are going through, there is someone else who is losing even more. That needs to be forefront in my mind and heart while we continue down this path with our daughter.

Only God knows the time and the place. until then we shall live fully, loving and holding each other close and holding others up toward God's healing love. This weekends readings just spoke to my heart.

This is our life as wives and mothers. This is our calling. To love always for love never fails...

"Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8




:: giving thanks for
#1229 ~ #1256
** hot steaming coffee with cream and raw sugar
** ER nurses that make you laugh 
** quick thinking physicians who run extra tests to put a mama's heart at ease
** a DVR that records an evenings entertainment to watch much later
** christian music that lifts up my heart and inspires my prayer
** my Sovereign Lord
** beautiful missionaries who offer their personal struggles so that your child may be at peace
** my God who answers prayer immediately
** my husband who provides stability every single day
** God's will on display every hour of every day
** joy in the heat of battle
** warm hand-knit mittens
** a community of bloggers who love, lift up and encourage each other
** plaid anything
** knit scarves that wrap me in warmth and beauty
** a yellow highlighter that helps me focus on the important passages
** Our Blessed Lady dressed in blue who never leaves my side or my daughters
** new friends who send gifts of love and light
** notes of love received by snail mail
** people willing to sacrifice financially so our family doesn't take on more medical debt
** my mother who is the strongest most compassionate woman I know
** my son, who in honorable and loving
** the 4'P's who pray and eat pie
** hot and sour soup that fills and warms my body
** fuzzy bears
** stuffed puppies that make my daughter smile
** you

::pondering prayerfully
+ the 38 teens we will be praying for and watching over this weekend. May God reveal to each of them that they are loved and cared for always. 
+ The priests and lay team that are leading the weekend. May God direct their hearts and hands to do HIS work. 
+ For Courtney's continued fight to be here with us. May God's will be done
+ For me and other Mama's of special ones who lay down their lives every day to love and care for the beautiful burdens we have been given. For physical strength and spiritual peace of heart. 
+ For our parish priests and deacons. That they serve with humility and grace.
+ For those looking for work. that God may provide what they need when they need it. 
+ For those suffering from addictions and terminal illness. May God heal them and show them they are worthy of love. 
+ for those that will die this day. May they see the face of God and spend and eternity loving and praising Him. 
+ For our sons and their vocations. 

:: in the kitchen
I am finally getting back into the swing of things. Very, very slowly. There will be pasta with lots of veg, soup, bread, more veg, some fabulous stir-fry and maybe even a raspberry square baked here before the end of the week. One dish at a time is how we are taking things these days.




:: living the liturgy
Lent...it is coming. I am feeling pulled toward silence this lent. No television. Very limited social media. Seeking the quiet to allow my heart and soul to focus on HIM for 40 days and nights. Jesus deserves so much more from me...surely I can give him that can't I?

:: keeping house
I'm not but I need to. I feel a marathon cleaning session coming on...after more coffee...and maybe some chocolate...and a nap...and more coffee...or not...

But the dishes are done...so there's that.

:: planning the week ahead
Jerry and I are going away to the mountains next weekend with 38 high school teens for our parishes winter retreat. I ask for your prayers for us, the teens, the priests leading the retreat, my Mom and son as they care for Miss Courtney for two days. I am a bit nervous about this, but I know that with your prayers and Our lady's protection everything will be all right. I might have to actually clean before my mother arrives though. I guess it's time to dig deep and offer it up...blech!

:: loving the moments
...When she smiles and drools and laughs and smiles and drools...
...Wakes up singing with all the covers thrown of and her legs kicking like she is a Rockette...
...When we snuggle on the couch, me with hot coffee in hand sipping it's delightfulness, her hugging her favorite stuffed puppy...
...When the house is silent and all I hear is God's whispers of encouragement...




:: Miss Courtney's World
This morning we are hopped up on antibiotics and pain meds for her nasty double ear infection. I have filled her with Echinacea and Super Vitamin C to ward off any further nastiness from going to the ER yesterday. Please God we do not need any more health challenges this week.

Otherwise she is doing very well. She is eating well, and things are moving well. She seems very happy and peaceful most days. She is handling the gradual decrease of the Depakote very well so far. We now have eight weeks left since the Doc has moved the timeline up a bit to help her liver remain stable. So far so good. She's channeling her inner Johnny cash with todays outfit. Seemed appropriate for a Monday.

Please keep her and my Mom and Jonathan in your prayers this weekend. We do not leave her very often but felt called to participate in this retreat. So just pray for a peaceful seizure free weekend with no drama. That would be awesome!!


Please join Ann Voskamp @ A Holy Experience to celebrate the little gifts given each day by the ONE who loves us most!

Labels: , , , ,