small successes (vol.5)...


"It’s important for moms to recognize that all the small successes in our days can add up to one big triumph. So on Thursday of each week, we do exactly that. "


The past few weeks have been hard as I've written about here. Wasn't feeling very successful so I didn't post. This week I have done better so I thought I would join in once again.

1. I sent the first care package of the year to Steubenville. J was thrilled and we had a great conversation Wednesday night. I am still trying to figure out the balance in this parent/college student relationship, when to step in and when to stay out. It's challenging but hopefully I am doing better as we go along.

2. I wrote a baking plan AND have stuck to it regarding my contributions for the Labor Day Picnic at church. It's the 150th Anniversary of our parish so we are expecting a huge crowd on Monday. I make things each year for the Country Store which are sold with the money going to different parish needs like Project Gabriel or another outreach. I tend to go overboard each year, so this time I wanted to stay on track and get it all done WELL! No burned cookies or pies.

3. I kept calm last night when the water heater went out and Courtney still needed a bath. My husband STRUGGLED with his frustration and I tried to stay very calm and positive which is NOT my first inclination. Working together we got the job done without anyone needing to go to confession. This morning I am waiting patiently for the repair man. God is good. Patience is apparently a virtue I need some work on and He is giving me plenty of opportunities for grace.

To see what other small successes Mom's from around the country are celebrating, go to Faith and Family LIVE!

Blessings and Grace,
Mary

Labels: