pantry challenge menu #1...


OK, so I am one week in to the Pantry Challenge with MoneySavingMom and LifeasMom. I have to say it i going well. I was able to make seven days worth of meals without grocery shopping. I have also planned this weeks meals and won't have to shop until Friday and it will be under $20.


I am amazed how much food we have in this house. My gracious. The inventory of the deep freeze was insane. The pantry doesn't even look like anything was taken from it. I have decided to continue with this challenge until my deep freeze is bare. This way so I can get a jump start on my preparations for Easter which include a deep cleaning of the house. I am trying to be more intentional with my time as well so this will go a long way to help.

OK now for the menu's. I will post the weeks menu on Mondays during the challenge. I will also post a few of the recipe's as time allows. I will let you know what I have spent on groceries that week. Hopefully I will make it five or six weeks with what's in the house. We shall see. Breakfast and lunch will be included.

Chez Lenaburg Menu for 1/10 ~ 1/16

Sunday:
oatmeal, hard boiled egg, orange
apple and cheese (snack)
Pasta w/Homemade sauce, frozen veggies

Monday:
cranberry coffee cake, hard boiled egg, hot tea
turkey wrap, apple, chips
Black Beans and Rice, frozen veggies

Tuesday:
oatmeal, hard boiled egg, hot tea
turkey wrap, apple, chips
Sausage Lentil Soup, thick slice of bread

Wednesday:
peanut butter w/whole wheat bread
tuna salad wrap, carrot sticks
Shrimp Bisque (new recipe)

Thursday:
oatmeal, apple, hot tea
tuna salad wrap, carrot sticks
Saucy Chicken w/Stuffing (new recipe), frozen veggies

Friday:
cranberry coffee cake, hard boiled egg, hot tea
(we have a funeral to attend so lunch will be there)
Sherried Tomato Soup (new recipe) w/Grilled Cheese sandwiches

Saturday:
French Toast w/ sausage links
(since we eat later on Saturday mornings, we have a light snack instead of lunch)
Mild Chicken Korma w/ Pilaf for a Curry Banquet (new recipe)

Should be a good week with four new recipe's. Check back and see if it's a HUGE success or an EPIC fail! I will post another menu next Monday.
Blessings and Grace,
Mary

Labels: ,