five favorites ~ vol. 11


It's snowing here in Northern VA.

I heart snow days. I truly do.

Miss Courtney is wearing about seven layers and snug as a bug. Daddy is home from work because heaven forbid DC handles a snowstorm by using it's collective brain.

But whatev. He is home. We are happy.

It's time once again for a little list of Five Favorites for the week. Joining Hallie @ MoxieWife. These are my favorite things about being home on a snow day...

#1 
Aztec Spicy Hot Chocolate



A little dark chocolate with a Cinnamon twist. I lurve it so, so much. Add in some whole milk, a large marshmallow or three and you have a hot cup of divine. Perfecto for a snow day.

#2
Old Movies



Today their would be a mini-marathon of black and white awesomeness. "Arsenic and Old Lace", "Gaslight" and maybe even a little Hitchcock. Can't go wrong with Hitchcock.

#3
Homemade Caramel Popcorn


Here is my favorite recipe. Nutty Caramel Popcorn. It's really easy to make and is scrumdidlyumptous. It goes really well with the hot chocolate and black and white movies.

#4
Books, Books and Books.

photo scource
After I fold the laundry and make lunch it's quiet time for Mama and Miss Courtney. So we read. I read to Courtney and then she snuggles while I pick up a novel. It's one of my favorite things to do when we are home and it's cold outside.

#5
Soup for Supper...



Black Bean Soup
Sausage Lentil Soup
Sweet Potato Soup with Sauteed Mushrooms
Miss Ivy's Noodles

Nothing says love more than a pot of hot soup on a cold snowy day. Here are a few of my families favorites. Bon Apetite!!

So Happy Snow Day Y'all!! Enjoy it while it lasts.

Labels: , , , ,